I've already installed my application manually - can I impor

Linux Web Hosting Related Discussions

I've already installed my application manually - can I impor

Postby webhostingindia » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am

Yes, you can add a manually installed application to Softaculous. The two main benefits are:

- You will be able to upgrade the software from the Softaculous interface, directly through your web browser.
- You will be able to create/restore backups of the application from Softaculous, again via your browser.

To import your existing installation please follow the steps below:

1. Access your cPanel and follow the link to Softaculous from the "Software/Services" tab;
2. Find the application which you want to import from the left menu. You can also use the "Search" functionality;
3. On the software page you will see several tabs. Click the "Import" tab which will open a new page "Import Software";
4. On the new page you will see two sections - "Choose Domain" and "In Directory". If your application is installed in the public_html folder and is accessible via your main domain name leave the fields empty and click "Import". If the application is in a sub-folder type the name of the sub-folder in the "In Directory" field and click "Import";

Web Hosting India
Reseller Web Hosting
webhostingindia

Re: I've already installed my application manually - can I i

Postby webhostingindia » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 am

I get an error when installing an application via Softaculous?

Most of the time the errors may be due to wrong user input. For example, you may provide an invalid email address or a Directory, Database Name which already exists. In such a case just provide a valid email address or another Directory, Database Name.

If the problem persists, contact the support team of your hosting provider.

Web Hosting India
Reseller Web Hosting
webhostingindia

Return to Linux Web Hosting Support